FD results K4CQ

K4CQ (Lynchburg Amateur Radio Club) was active on satellite this field day. We made 8 contacts total. All but one was on AO-7 mode A. The one other was on AO-27 early on. Our downlink for 29 MHz was the full wave horizonal loop explained last week by W7LRD. It worked really well. I hung it from 6 lenghts of binding twine from a wood pole and anchored it with three tent spikes and three ropes so it did not swing in the wind much. That kept it pretty lever. I did not have a long enough pole to get it 3/8 wave above ground so it was only about 4 feet I would guess. Even at that it worked really well. It sure caught the interest of passers by. Can't wait to see what it does on my roof. I will toss it up there and just let it lay there. The back roof is pretty flat. We used the KLM cross yagi for the uplink and it was mounted on the clubs 60 foot trailer mounted tower above the HF beam. The radio was a FT847 and we had a RFC2-417 amp in line. Hope everyone else enjoyed the weekend as much as I did. 73's << John