Re: Field Day Summary

We only made one satellite contact at the Motor City Radio Club Field Day.
That was during the 1640 UTC pass of FO-29. Lots of stations calling CQ FD
(including us) with good signals, but nobody answering them. So we broke
stride and answered a station in Iowa. Before then, a misaligned azimuth
rotor may have hampered our efforts.

The 1236 UTC pass of AO-27 was more civilized than I thought it would be. We
attempted it a few times. However, it was strange to hear the downlink
switch off as it passed over Louisiana.

I am really impressed that AO-7 was actually workable during Field Day. I
was almost sure that the load on its transponders would have depleted the
power supply below their operating voltage. Amazing satellite!

Next year, hopefully I will be available to help out the full weekend.

73,
Mike, N8MR