Re: ECHO Experiment #43

>>> "K & R Yoksh" <yokshs@planetkc.com> 06/27/04 5:12 PM >>>
>I'll second this experiment! Let's utilize our allocations - perhaps
this
>would encourage folks to aquire 900 MHz gear..

We were preparing to do a downlink of a DOD satellite test
in the 900 MHz band.  The operators kept telling us that
we needed to be in a "quiet" location or we would not hear
it.  We didnt believe them... Then we put a spectrum analyzer
on 900 to 928 MHz and were AMAZED that the entire band
expecially everything above 914 MHz was wall-to-wall
signals, with a dozen or more being wideband and being
30 to 70 dB above the noise floor...

902 to 914 or so was a little quieter...

de WB4APR, Bob