AMSAT FD halftime report

early pass of SO-41, just in case, nothing heard

1933Z pass of FO-29, low pass to the west, heard and worked K0MIW easily,
signals were very weak from the satellite but blew it off due to the low
elevation (below 8 degrees)

2017Z pass of SO-50, worked KP2AA quickly with little difficulty as the sat
rose to 10 degrees from the south. listened for about 5 minutes as several
stations  who should know better (at least one of them regular voices) call
CQ on top of other exchanges. I did hear several full exchanges however.

2 passes of AO-7 nothing heard in B, lousy mode A setup here so not sure,
nothing heard on the UHF beacon. Assumed sat blinked off with the crush of
uplink signals, or is in Mode A?

1 pass of AO-27, just in case. nothing heard.

0350Z pass of FO-29, call CQ for first half of pass with only one taker at
about TCA, N3SH. After TCA as the NE US fills the footprint, 100w into 20
elements suddenly is not enough to hear myself. I was running 10 at the
beginning of the pass. Spend the rest of the pass listening to 5-6 stations
on top of each other mid passband, no one making any QSOs. I did hear K0MIW
around 835, but alas, already in the log.

My prediction is the winner of the AMSAT field day will be the one who gets
the most messages off of UO-22, and is far enough north to have an advantage
due to the polar orbits....

I now return you to the yearly scheduled chaos....

73, Drew KO4MA