KPC 3 help

  Question 1.
I'm trying to bring back my KPC-3  I have the radio end wired up and ready
to rock and roll. I can not remember if I need a nulled  male to male 25 pin
cable or a strait cable. I've tried one strait believe the cable to be
bad....
I've already  used the J-7 jumper to reset the TNC.   As of now the TNC can
not talk to my computer....

Question 2.
    Can anyone suggest a good windows based TNC program.  Have a problem
running the command file  here causes the computer to go black.  Plan on
reloading the OS this upcoming weekend after family leaves.  Until then I
need some help...

Thanks.. and 7 3

Tom Perry
kd4ufd@arrl.net