Re: tracking hardware

Hank,

I can't speak to the other products, but I bought the
ARS Win board on a recommendation of a friend of mine.
 No kit, prebuilt.  I really like how easy it is to
use.  Stable, you can buy an 8, 10 or 12 bit ADC
control version to use it for causual satellite (8bit)
to EME (12 bit).  I've had the system about a year and
have enjoyed terrific support from Pablo, the owner of
the co.   We have not quite yet mastered the 450
degree rotation.  (I say we cause I am not yet sure if
it is the product or me..!).  Supports a lot of more
advanced rotators, ie., variable speed, seperate
braking etc.

The two reasons I would buy it again are a.) it is
flexible enough to interface with most any rotor and
satellite tracking package and b.) outstanding
support.

http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/954

Good luck

Michael  K3MH

--- "n8anr@juno.com" <n8anr@juno.com> wrote:

> Hello to all..........
>
> I have been considering replacing my trusty trakbox
> with something a bit more sophisticated.  I have
> looked at the Auto Tracker system and the Uni Trac
> 2003.  I am leaning toward one of them but would
> like some user input.  Anyone have these systems and
> be willing to share their opinions ??
>
> ..............tnx...........Hank, N8ANR

> The best thing to hit the Internet in years - Juno
> SpeedBand!
> Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
> Only $14.95/ month - visit www.juno.com to sign up
> today!
> those of the author.
> satellite program!
> Majordomo@amsat.org

=====
Michael Hatzakis, Jr MD
Physiatrist, Treating Individuals with Neuromuscular Disabilities
Consultant, Information Technology Based Health Care Solutions