WiSP saving parameters

Dear Satellite Freqs.
         I'm trying to get my satellite station up and running again after
a long hiatus. I've resurrected an old Pentium I machine running Windows98
and have plugged in my old Kansas City Tracker board and installed the DOS
software. I downloaded the updated version of WiSP from the AMSAT web site
and installed it. All seems to be in order on the computer end. I found the
cable that goes between the KCT/T and my Emotator 700 rotor, and I've gone
to WiSP's station setup pulldown.  My callsign, latitutude, longitude and
altitude all saved properly. Then I went to the Rotator tab and set up
Level 1 for the KCT/T, then clicked the Setup button. I enter the rig, port
parameters, etc. and go through the rotor calibration (KCT is reading the
rotor OK), but as soon as I click OK, everything goes back to the default
position. I lose the rig, port set up, rotor calibration,
everything.  There's no error message.  It simply will not save any of my
setup parameters. I've tried repeatedly.
         I seem to vaguely recall that there is no DAT file for this
information, but that the rig, ports, and rotor settings are saved
somewhere as keys in the registry. And I seem to vaguely recall this
happening before, in a previous satellite lifetime, and there was an easy
fix. But I don't recall what it was (old age is grand that way). In any
case, does anyone know this problem and how is it fixed? Thanks in advance.

Mark D. Johns, Cedar Falls, Iowa -- K0MDJ (EN32sm)
   "Heaven goes by favour.  If it went by merit, you would
       stay out and your dog would go in." -- Mark Twain