WiSP saving parameters

Dear Satellite Freqs.
         I'm trying to get my satellite station up and running again after
a long hiatus. I've resurrected an old Pentium I machine running Windows98
and have plugged in my old Kansas City Tracker board and installed the DOS
software. I downloaded the updated version of WiSP from the AMSAT web site
and installed it. All seems to be in order on the computer end. I found the
cable that goes between the KCT/T and my Emotator 700 rotor, and I've gone
to WiSP's station setup pulldown.  My callsign, latitutude, longitude and
altitude all saved properly. Then I went to the Rotator tab and set up
Level 1 for the KCT/T, then clicked the Setup button. I enter the rig, port
parameters, etc. and go through the rotor calibration (KCT is reading the
rotor OK), but as soon as I click OK, everything goes back to the default
position. I lose the rig, port set up, rotor calibration,
everything.  There's no error message.  It simply will not save any of my
setup parameters. I've tried repeatedly.
         I seem to vaguely recall that there is no DAT file for this
information, but that the rig, ports, and rotor settings are saved
somewhere as keys in the registry. And I seem to vaguely recall this
happening before, in a previous satellite lifetime, and there was an easy
fix. But I don't recall what it was (old age is grand that way). In any
case, does anyone know this problem and how is it fixed? Thanks in advance.

------
Mark D. Johns, Cedar Falls, Iowa -- K0MDJ (EN32sm)
            http://pages.cfu.net/~mjohns/index.html
   "Heaven goes by favour.  If it went by merit, you would
       stay out and your dog would go in." -- Mark Twain