ARS and relay contact protection

I'm curious if anyone on the list experienced a problem with the relays
on the ARS RCX board "welding" themselves together.  Several times
during testing I have had one or both relays on the RCX-el board fuse
themselves together.  I've been lucky so far in that I have been able to
"tap" the contacts loose (the relays are sealed).

The relays are rated for 5A at 250v, when I check the current I'm
drawing only 1.66A @ 29vac.

I'm wondering if there is anything I can put across the relays to reduce
chances of these contacts permanently welding themselves together.

-Freeman, N5FPP