FT-817, Hamscope & Instanttune

I have a problem where my PC doesn't communicate with my FT-817 via the CAT
cable.

Using FT-817 Commander, I can change frequency, band, switch A/B, etc.
Using Hamscope, however, I only sporadically see packets (even S8 or
better).  Also, though Instanttrack/Instanttune worked for awhile, my
computer doesn't update the receive or transmit frequency.

I have worked with ITUNE.CFG and IT.INI to no avail.  The troubleshooting
procedures in the ITUNE manual don't seem to help.  Yes, I even read the
instructions!  This happens on my laptop and on my PC.

Perhaps I have a software conflict with Hamscope and Instanttune but not
with FT-817 Commander?  I don't know.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

--- Alan Strom
--- kb3fwz@arrl.net