RE: Let me throw this out for discussion.

I do not believe that is likely to happen.

AMSAT-NA will have an Eagle design meeting soon (this was mentioned
by several AMSAT-NA officials at Dayton).

Since this will be reported on at the October meeting by the
AMSAT hierarchy,  and since nothing is likely to happen on the
P3E support until then anyway,  I can't see that we are endangering
anything by discussing it.

I believe that AMSAT-NA needs P3E as much as AMSAT-DL.  We have
several individuals who are contributing to the project.  Let me
pick on one in particular:  Lyle Johnson is doing one or more
computers for the project.  GIven that we need P3E, we have members
contributing, it makes sense to me that we put our money where
our mouth is.  I do not suggest that we take money out of the
Eagle fund, or the Echo fund, or the general fund.  I suggest that
we put up a thermometer for P3E and give every dime collected to
AMSAT-DL.  That will be democracy in action. You can choose to
support it or not.  If you live in the US, I believe after we
consult with our accountants, you will find this is a completely
acceptable donation to our 501c3 organization, in DIRECT support
of the mission that is in its charter and articles of incorporation
and in its filing for tax exempt status.

Bob
N4HY