RE: Let me throw this out for discussion.

I believe that we have several AMSAT-NA members (who may also be
AMSAT-DL members)  that are directly supporting the P3E project
with their technical efforts.  That is as it should be and I
hope that we all support that.

I believe that we can easily justify gathering funds to support
P3E since it furthers our goals of promoting the use of space
by amateurs as well as gives us an instrument to do our educational
mission with a HEO bird.  I suppose we should have our financial
folks ask our accountants but I cannot imagine this would be
a problem.

Since AMSAT-NA needs P3E to succeed, after we have gotten ECHO
into orbit, I would like to jump up and down in the BORED (sic)
meeting in October and suggest that not only do we put up a
thermometer for P3E on the web site, but that we support those
AMSAT-NA members who are contributing to the P3E project by
covering the costs of them attending design meetings and reviews.
I would not spend one dime of the thermometer on this until and
unless AMSAT-DL approves it.  I sincerely hope that AMSAT-DL
will approve this grass roots campaign to enable US members of
AMSAT-NA support them in a way the benefits them MORE than it
would otherwise since we can get a deduction for our efforts.
We have just got to do what is right for our portion of the hobby
and that includes helping get the next "big bird" into orbit.
I support ECHO, I support EAGLE, I support P3E, heck I support
Saudi Sat but I doubt Turki Al Faisal cares whether I do or not!

Bob
N4HY