Re: Let me throw this out for discussion.

On Fri, Jun 18, 2004 at 12:14:58PM -0400, NA4FM (Buck) wrote:
> I am not a member so my voice is irrelevant.  I have a question tho.
> How much will putting Eagle on hold delay the readying of Eagle?

I doubt it would do much at this point.

But I would throw a note of caution into this. If we throw all our support
into the AMSAT-DL P3E project and stopped all work on Eagle, then we could
be left in the exact same situation we were in. One bird without a backup
in the sky, and it dies. Having two working HEO birds in the sky at the
same time would surely be safer. The redundancy is a good thing.

This is not to suggest that those of us with a little extra $$, or
those with a little extra time and the skills, can't volunteer what we can
to the AMSAT-DL effort.

- Diane, VA3DB (AMSAT Area Coordinator)