Re: Power on AO-7.

Hi,
I like John also use pretty primitve equipment.  I use a HB transverter
on the uplink driven by an old Yaesu FT-107M and as John says, it doesn't
take much power.  I have always used a simple turnstile antenna with
sloping elements.  I do have a Yaesu FT-840 for a receiver but I hear
very little from the satellite without my old 40673 MOSFET HB preamp
which is in the shack.  I believe the preamp is the secret to hearing the
bird.
I callled CQ on SSB for an entire pass a couple of days ago with a good
downlink signal with on takers.  I do find that in mode A my down link
signal fades into the noise after CPA.
CU on mode A.
73 de Jess - W4MVB