RE: Re[2]: ECHO - A Special message

On 17 Jun 2004 at 12:05, Robert McGwier wrote:

> Reinhard:
>
> Let me say that I completely understand that there have been a lot
> of bad feelings on both sides of the Atlantic over all of the events
> surrounding AO-40.   If I have ever, in any way, contributed to any
> of these bad feelings on my part, I publicly apologize to all involved.
> If any individual feels I have, write to me privately, and I will
> be happy to discuss it with you.
>
> In the interest of us all, we all desperately want to see P3E succeed.
> The members of AMSAT-NA would really love P3E to succeed.  However,
> I cannot see the political, moral, administrative, etc. advantage that
> accrues to AMSAT-DL by punishing the members of AMSAT-NA that live in the
> US, or the people that live in the USA who are not AMSAT-NA members
> when you refuse to allow us to contribute to a fund collected here in the
> United States that would go to a TAX EXEMPT entity.   I have contributed
> directly to the P3E fund, and will continue to do so but I would do more
> if it were tax deductible here.  Can we not bury the hatchet long enough to
> allow us to feel good about contributing, because many of us want to,
> and at the same time, get a tax break for doing so?
>

> Bob
> N4HY

Same thing here Bod. We even pay 45$ plus an exchange money rate of 30% and we cannot deduct anything from
our income tax report.

Your message makes me calculate. 4000 members times 39$ makes 156000$ to pay administrations expenses. I
don't calculate here the QRO annual dues and i guess theses QRO fees does not also pay for any additional
administration fees?

Am i right when i say it cost AMSAT +- 156000$ in administration fees for an ECHO launch of 100,000$. When we
speak about a launch campaign, i understand the construction cost is not included. Where can we find the
actual total cost of ECHO?

For the coming BOD elections it will be interrresting to see if any of the new and old runner up have to say
about taking theses administration expenses and making them available to any HAM satellite construction?

Did they have any new ideas?  Could be if we see AMSAT role different way we can achieved that goal?

Where are AMSAT priorities?

1-AMSAT administration
2-AMSAT satellite construction

Are theses priorities in good order?

NASA just get a 60 pages report who tell them to go toward private contractors and to rely more on university
funded research programs. Basicly this mean change you ways around. Can AMSAT also change his way around? Can
AMSAT can make an historic change reversing his actual priorities?

Many questions asked to the 2004 BOD paegeant runner up, lets see if we will get some comments. I say
comments because sound answers seems harder to get actually.

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
Coordonnateur AMSAT pour le Québec
Quebec AMSAT coordinator
(The above comments represents ONLY the personnal author opinions as an AMSAT member #33583)

Sites web sites: www.qsl.net/ve2dwe
                          www.sorel-tracy.qc.ca/~luclebla

P.O. Box 341
Sorel-Tracy  QC.