RE: Re[2]: ECHO - A Special message

Reinhard:

Let me say that I completely understand that there have been a lot
of bad feelings on both sides of the Atlantic over all of the events
surrounding AO-40.   If I have ever, in any way, contributed to any
of these bad feelings on my part, I publicly apologize to all involved.
If any individual feels I have, write to me privately, and I will
be happy to discuss it with you.

In the interest of us all, we all desperately want to see P3E succeed.
The members of AMSAT-NA would really love P3E to succeed.  However,
I cannot see the political, moral, administrative, etc. advantage that
accrues to AMSAT-DL by punishing the members of AMSAT-NA that live in the
US, or the people that live in the USA who are not AMSAT-NA members
when you refuse to allow us to contribute to a fund collected here in the
United States that would go to a TAX EXEMPT entity.   I have contributed
directly to the P3E fund, and will continue to do so but I would do more
if it were tax deductible here.  Can we not bury the hatchet long enough to
allow us to feel good about contributing, because many of us want to,
and at the same time, get a tax break for doing so?

Bob
N4HY