Help with 910

Hello group.
I have an Icom 910 and am trying to work SO 50.  However, when I follow the
directions in the manual to set the PL tone I have no luck.  I am not sure
what I am doing wrong. When I exit the menu system it says tone is set, but
when I transmit it does not show the tone.
Are there any other users who would be able to tell me what I may be doing
wrong?
Thanks in advance.
Mark Boyle
KB0MQX