Re: Lightning Protection

Hello Paul,

Some lightning protection devices will pass DC on the center conductor,
some will not. If you want DC on the center conductor
for preamp power or other control, you need to check the DC resistance.
Low resistance will pass the DC power on  the center
conductor.

Some devices are tuned for a specific freq, others are broadbanded. Some
are labeled to a customer spec.

The primary element is a gas discharge tube, that will have different
conduction voltages. A legal limit
rated (TX) device will have a higher conduction voltage than one used on
RX only.

Stan, WA1ECF