Re: New user question

In a message dated 6/12/2004 1:00:23 PM Eastern  Standard Time,
greathounder@yahoo.com writes:
Hi all, I want to try  satellites. I was wondering
which sats I should try for as a new user. I have  a
Yaseu 736 and have a K'wood TS2000 on order. Thank you
in advance. 73  Bill N8VWI
----
Hi Bill,
You did not say what antenna you are using, that makes a big difference. I
would suggest that with a simple 2M ground plane  you could listen to the
activity on the International Space station. At the end of this month we hope to
be launching ECHO, that should be easy to copy, but it wont be open for
general  uasge untill it is is commissioned (hopefully about 2 weeks).
These should be easy to copy and follow- if you have a tracking program you
will be able to determine when they pass over.
73
Robin Haighton VE3FRH
President AMSAT.

PS welcome to the wonderful world of amateur Satellites.