Heliax connectors

Greetings,
    Recently I was able to obtain a few rolls of Heliax. I got quite a
shock when I researched the cost of OEM connectors for Heliax. Is there
anyone on the ´-bb who can point me towards cheaper connectors or even
¨home brew¨ connectors? Home brew won´t be a problem, the machine shop
at work is pretty good. I have FSJ4-50, FSJ1-50 and LOTS of LDF4-50.

    73 de Geoff vk2tfg.