Re: Crying wolf? RS-15

At 01:32 PM 6/11/2004, Freeman wrote:

... Doesn't explain why the downlink disappeared two
minutes after LOS without me changing anything.  That would suggest I
was actually hitting a sat.

I used to calculate sat position for my anipodal node.  I regularly
listened for various birds at this time.  RS-15 was ONE of the only birds I
ever heard when it's position was directly over the opposite side of the
earth from me (antipodal.)  I always thought this was an interesting
phenomenon, and studied it for a while.

I have also heard RS-15 WELL over the horizon.  But to be fair, 10 meter
propagation sometimes causes some amazing path openings.

73, Mike kf4fdj