RE: The new IC-910 Problem with Uni_Trac 2003

Thanks, John. If there's any more investigation to perform, I'm willing to
give it a shot.

I've had my own version of a "unitrac" for some time now. Of course, since
it's a personal endeavor, it remains perpetually "in development". But it
uses Visual Basic on the PC to talk to a TINI-based controller via Ethernet.
It uses one-wire ADC to read rotator position and a serial port to talk to
the radio. I had it working reasonably well with my FT-847. In order to
support an IC-910 I'd "merely" have to write the Java methods for an IC910
class. The TINI runs a Java VM.

Charles, perhaps you can give me an idea of the problems with the 910 as
related to controlling both the Main and Sub-band VFOs? I could cobble
together a simple Visual Basic program to talk directly to the 910. If it
doesn't do what the manual says it should, I might be able to figure out
what the problem might be. I'll use the RS232 port on the computer, so I can
introduce a protocol analyzer to copy the data going to and coming from the
910.

Anyway, I'm willing to give it a shot if you think it would help.

73,
Art N3OY