Re: Monster Rocket

Hi Bob,

Edmund Scientific sells a simple kit to convert a 1 liter
plastic soda bottle into a water rocket. It has a
nozzle, air pump fitting and a set of fins that screw
on to the end of the bottle.

The stock nozzle is set to trigger at 24 psi which gives
pretty good altitude but if you put a garden hose washer around
the air-pump fitting, it will hold off until 100 psi. This gives
dramatically higher results.

Most plastic bottle seem to tolerate 100psi although a few
do blow-out. I use a air compressor to set them off and it is
literally a blast.

Thanks for the tip on the Kaybee model. With a 2 liter
bottle, it should go that much higher, especially
with the 100psi mod and compressor.

73,
Tony AA2TX

---