AO-50 correction to SO-50

Greetings again,
The message should have read as below .... I must be getting old (er) that
is about 3 times in 3 days.
73
Robin Haighton VE3FRH
President AMSAT-NA

Greetings,
I have been advised that I can now publish the tone to Open  SO-50 to all
users as the power availability appears to be good.
To  switch the transmitter on you need to send a CTCSS tone of  74.4   Hz.
the order of operation is thus:

(allow for Doppler as necessary)

1) Transmit on 145.850 MHz with a tone of 74.4 Hz to arm the 10  minute
timer
on board the spacecraft.

2) Now transmit on 145.850 MHz  (FM Voice) using 67.0 Hz to PT  the  repeater
on and off within the 10 Minute window.

3) Sending the 74.4 tone again within the 10 minute window will reset  the
10
minute timer.

Some additional information ...

The spacecraft repeater consists of a miniature VHF repeater with a
sensitivity of -124 dbm, having an IF bandwidth of 15 KHz. The receive
antenna  is a
1/4 wave vertical mounted in the top corner of the  spacecraft. The receive
audio is filtered and conditioned then gated  in the control electronics
prior to
feeding it to the 250 mW  Transmitter.
The downlink antenna is a 1/4 wave mounted in the bottom corner  of the
spacecraft and canted at 45 degrees inward.

73
Robin Haighton VE3FRH
President AMSAT-NA
----
Via the bod  mailing list at AMSAT.ORG courtesy of AMSAT-NA.