AMSAT Special Bulletin - Echo Ships

ECHO satellite enroute to launch site

AMSAT News Service Bulletin 161.01 From AMSAT HQ
SILVER SPRING, MD.  June 9, 2004
To All RADIO AMATEURS

Chuck Green, N0ADI, reporting in from SpaceQuest's facility says,
"ECHO is in it's shipping container and on its way to the launch
sight."

As a final check ECHO was placed in the vacuum chamber for an hour
and pushed hard with both 70 cm transmitters running full power.
Everything that could be tested in this configuration worked well.

Chuck said, "We also checked the sensitivity of all the 2M
receivers and the SQRX (wideband tunable receiver) and they were
all very good."  Continuing, he added, "We also characterized the
received signal strength indicator (RSSI) and measured the power
out of the 70 cm transmitters at various power settings"

Robin Haighton, VE3FRH, added, "Congratulations on a job well done!
A lot of hard work has gone into getting ECHO to this point and
we're looking forward to following ECHO's progress through launch".

More news and information about the final integration activities
will be in this week's regular AMSAT News Service bulletin.

[ANS thanks Robin and Chuck for the above information]