Press Release - New Antenna Technology

Hi all,

This press release from the University of Rhode Island discusses some new antenna technology possibilities for our future sats.  The guy that invented the new antennas is a ham too.

A quote from the article: "Tests confirmed that Vincent has created antennas at one third to one ninth of their full size counterparts. Normally smaller antennas are only 8 to 15 percent efficient. Vincent's antennas achieved 80 to 100 percent efficiency as compared to the larger antennas."

http://www.uri.edu/news/releases/?id=2659

The article is more on the human interest side and a bit short on technology but I guess its a start on letting a new design loose on the world.  Something to talk about at lunch!

73 de JoAnne WB9JEJ