10m antenna options?

I'm curious what folks are using for mode-A receive antennas?  I'm using
my trusty R7, but I expect I could do better.  I hope so anyway, today
was a bit frustrating working AO-7 when it was in mode-A - I was hearing
a lot more noise than usual, enough to drown out my own downlink.

I'm thinking of putting up both a 10m turnstile and a horizontal loop.

In the next year or so, I'll be redoing our roof on our home, and I'm
thinking of using metal roofing (something very popular here in NM).
How much interaction should I expect between the roof and my 10m
antennas?  I wouldn't expect too much interaction with the VHF/UHF
antennas since they would be higher than a wavelength or two above the
roof.

-Freeman, N5FPP