From: owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org [mailto:owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org]On
Behalf Of Luc Leblanc (VE2DWE)
Sent: Friday, June 04, 2004 2:36 PM
To: Amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
Subject: RE: [amsat-bb] Been off the birds for a while

On 4 Jun 2004 at 12:48, Robert McGwier wrote:

  It went silent a while back with serious battery
> problems.  20 years from now, the batteries will open and if the
> auxiliary batteries have not been frozen too many times, we might
> be able to recover its use.

To add on it, how can we avoid theses batteries failures in our futur sats?
When we see UO-11 batteries
still operating since 1984...! Thats what i'm still looking for the brand of
the actual AO-40 batteries?
Is it related to the batteries quality or a conception flaw?

>not an AMSAT member? I AM SEE MY NUMBER BELOW... Join now to support the
amateur satellite program!
A gently reminder to those concern...

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
Coordonnateur AMSAT pour le Québec
Quebec AMSAT coordinator
AMSAT MEMBER (33583)
Sites web sites: www.qsl.net/ve2dwe
                          www.sorel-tracy.qc.ca/~luclebla/

Echolink node 115340 VE2DWE-L
Echolink node 101810 VE2DWE

P.O. Box 341
Sorel-Tracy  QC.
Canada
J3P 5T6

Due to spam mail proliferation The following extensions are automaticly
killed before reading

En raison de la prolifération des "pourriels" les extensions suivantes sont
détruites automatiquement avant
lecture.

MSM.COM
AOL.COM