RE: Been off the birds for a while

On 4 Jun 2004 at 12:48, Robert McGwier wrote:

  It went silent a while back with serious battery
> problems.  20 years from now, the batteries will open and if the
> auxiliary batteries have not been frozen too many times, we might
> be able to recover its use.

To add on it, how can we avoid theses batteries failures in our futur sats?  When we see UO-11 batteries
still operating since 1984...! Thats what i'm still looking for the brand of the actual AO-40 batteries?
Is it related to the batteries quality or a conception flaw?

>not an AMSAT member? I AM SEE MY NUMBER BELOW... Join now to support the amateur satellite program!
A gently reminder to those concern...

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
Coordonnateur AMSAT pour le Québec
Quebec AMSAT coordinator