RE: Been off the birds for a while

Bill:

It definitely helps to have predictable and operational satellites.
Costner got it right.   If you build it, they will come.   AO-40,
though not meeting it's unmistakable huge potential, was nevertheless,
the most capable linear transponder we have ever had in many ways,
is sorely missed.  It went silent a while back with serious battery
problems.  20 years from now, the batteries will open and if the
auxiliary batteries have not been frozen too many times, we might
be able to recover its use.

In the interim, I suggest you send money to AMSAT-DL for Phase 3E
and to AMSAT-NA for Echo and Eagle so we can get them built and into
orbit.

Bob
N4HY