RE: IC-910 with Uni_Trac 2003

All:

I wanted to try using my IC-910 with Unitrac; I've been using an FT-847 with
no problems. Spectrum Intl. provided the interface cable when we purchased
the Unitrac 2000.

I've got a parallel port version of the Unitrac. Both ports are jumpered for
Yaesu/Icom (center and upper pins shorted).

So I took a mono audio cable and connected the center conductor to pins
15/17 of the DB25 connector. This is supposed to be TTL port 2. The 847 is
wired to RS232 port 1.

I configured a satellite for Yaesu receive and Icom Tx. The 910 is set with
the default address of 60, 9600 baud on CI-V.

The FT-847 still works; the software reports the same error as TJ got. It
thinks the radio is off or the baud rate is incorrect. I tried various baud
rates and delays with no success.

I'm running the latest software release - 2003 ver 3.0.f

Did anyone come up with an answer for this problem?

Tnx and 73,
Art N3OY