re: Why AO-27 is off

My understanding is that it is quite normal for AO-27 to spend half of its
time in the dark.  It not being in the dark during part of every orbit was
why it needed a new scheduler.  If it has permanently drifted back into an
orbit where is in the dark half of the time, then presumably the old TEPR
scheduler could be re-installed. That, of course, assumes that its batteries
still work well enough to support that mode of operation.  Please see:

      http://www.AO27.org/AO27/tepr.html

for details on the old scheduler.

[Note: I never send unsolicited binary attachments and if you receive anything
purportedly from <kd6pag@qsl.net> that isn't signed with my callsign, then it
probably isn't from me.]