Re: Predelictions and Premonitions of Rare andOccult: Transit of Venus -- live on the Web

I hope to be on the AMSAT HF net during my observing
of the transit.  In addition to a big telescope at our site,
I will be in a light-proof COMM shelter with a pin hole to
see the sun via the camera-obscura  projection method
the same way the ancients did.

de WB4APR, Bob

>>> "Tom Clark" <w3iwi@toad.net> 6/3/04 1:28:32 PM >>>
Dan (N8FGV) posted a note telling of next week's transit of Venus. The
folks
in Europe have a full view of the event. Here in the USA, the east sees
the
latter part of the event in progress at sunrise, while the Left Coast
misses
it totally.

To help the rest of the world participate in this event, the Norwegians
have
promised a live web event. Just tune in to http://www.astronomy.no/.
The
event chronology is seen at http://www.astronomy.no/venus080604.html
(remember that CET D.S.T. is +2 hours from UTC).

Other interesting sites include http://www.venus2004.org/,
http://msnbc.msn.com/id/5085379/,
http://sunearth.gsfc.nasa.gov/eclipse/transit/venus0412.html, and
http://internationalreporter.net/scripts/headDetails.asp?id=165.

>From the Norwegian website, it looks like there will be a great pagan
ceremony at the famous Frognerpark (a.k.a. Vigelandpark) in Oslo. I
wonder
about Stonehenge?

73 de Tom, W3IWI

----
Sent via amsat-bb@amsat.org. Opinions expressed are those of the
author.
Not an AMSAT member? Join now to support the amateur satellite
program!