Re: so-50

Hello,

> We ( vu3sxe, vu2pop, vu3noi ) tried this morning pass with elevation of 53
> deg, sinlit, after arming the bird than useing the 67.0 Hz tone but nothing
> heard, Can anybody put some light, Is anybody using so-50 over south asia,
> will try again,
> Has arming the bird changed?

> vu3sxe/sundeep shah
> Bangalore, India.

you will have no luck if not a controlstation has activated the transponder
of SO-50. Please know that the transponder is normally not active but has
to be activated. You should ask Don Woodward, KD4APP (dbwoodw@alltel.net)
if there is a controlstation in your area and/or if one of you may become a
controlstation.

73,
 Reinhard
 DJ1KM