Re: NASA TV on DirecTV

Actually, after I put up my c-band dish, I eventually dropped DirecTV.  Why? When I audited what I actually was watching, I found could get the watched channels for less than half the price on C-band.. (this may not apply to some as C-band no longer has every channel available to it, but the one's my family and I watched are available.)  Yeah I have to swing the dish around, but for $300 less a year it's worth it.

That, the wildfeeds, the MPEG2/DVB and free DCII stuff still makes putting up a BUD if you are able worthwhile regardless.

(NASA's main feed will go MPEG/DVB by the end of summer on C-band, BTW)

It maybe true that the Clarke Arc might Go Dark in a year or two, but in the meantime I'll take the $300-$600 and buy ham equipment with it!

Fred