Re: Echo and how it was paid for

At 07:10 AM 6/1/2004, you wrote:

>Perhaps you might provide a break down of money from donations and money
>which was taken from the reserve and will never be replaced. In the two
>budgets I helped prepare there were two large payments out of the reserve
>towards ECHO.(100,000 dollar range)

I don't feel that this is the PLACE for this information to be put out.
It wouldn't be a bad thing to break it all down in the Journal. THAT would
be the place to put the information out. This way it will be on the MEMBERS
eyes only. It is of no business of anyone but the members.

If you aren't a member and would want to see what the breakdown is then I
guess you would need to join!!!

If you are a member in good standing you could write something up for the
journal and share it with everyone. All you would have to do is request the
info, compile it, format it and make it print ready for the Amsat Journal.
OR  would that be too much work to do??

Enough on that topic !!!

>I regards to point # 5 the services AMSAT delivers are shrinking and
>"Services" exclusively for members is almost non-exsistant. Our yearly
>dues is basically paying for a monthly Journal and Martha's salary and the
>related expenses.

It is up to ALL members to come up with a "service" that the rest of the
members can use. There are many people in the background that do a LOT for
all of us and I say Thank You for being there for us. Now if we could come
up with more people to use some of their energy to help out that will go a
long way.

I can't wait till we get started on Eagle so I can head up to Orlando to
help Stan and crew out at the lab.
I don't have the money to give to help out so I try and give my time when I
can!!!! Now if we ALL did that look what we would have!

Think about it .....