From: owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org [mailto:owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org] On Behalf
Of Freeman P. Pascal IV
Sent: Monday, May 31, 2004 11:24 PM
To: amsat-bb
Subject: [amsat-bb] My first real QSO - thanks KE6OAG

Woot!  I'm excited.  I just worked my first real satellite QSO.

Chuck (KE6OAG) if you see this thanks! (and please QSL :)

I just spent the weekend installing the rotors, feed lines, and my homebrew
WA5VJB eleven element 70cm cross yagi and a K5OE four element 2m cross yagi.
I literally threw the 2m yagi together without tuning and got a 1.3:1 SWR
without any effort.  Hearing my own voice on AO-7 was a thrill, but actually
talking to someone on the next pass makes the whole weekend worth the effort
and the sunburn.

-Freeman, N5FPP (totally stoked)

---
Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.