Need your suggestions - Dropped my G-5500

Hello,

Call me butter fingers!  I was storing my almost new G-5500 az/el rotor
(until AO-40 or its successor lives again) in the rafters of the
garage.  Well the darn thing fell 10 feet to the concrete floor right on
the elevation rotor casing.

Picture is here:  http://home.comcast.net/~tjfloren/cracks.jpg

Casing has several breaks/tears.  I did not power it up to see if it
would smoke.  I am wondering if I can just order a new case and install
the innards into it?  Is that a foolish thing to do . . will I need
special tools etc.?

Please offer your suggestions and thanks a bunch.

73's