Re: Was eham, now W4AMI award

I think maybe the  W4AMI award was started before the
FM birds ever came along?

In the past it was more of a struggle to make QSO's  on
the old LEOs,  and nowadays on FO-29 , AO-40 and AO-7
type birds.

It would actually be nice to hear some more new stations on
the FM birtds, but they are not showing up, at least on any passes
we can hear on the west coast.  It's pretty much  the breakfast
club, morning noon and night.   Even many of the regulars of a year
or two ago are not there anymore.

And don't say that the breakfast clubbers or any of the regulars
ignore any newcomers.  We welcome them and sometimes spend
half the pass trying to get somebody heard on the birds.

73,
John  K6YK