Re: Echo PL tone

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andrew Glasbrenner"
Sent: Sunday, May 30, 2004 5:40 PM
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Echo PL tone

> The Echo team has listened to feedback from SO-50 users and added a 10
> second squelch tail to the system. This means on a typical US or Europe
pass
> the transmitter will be on the whole time.

Hi Drew and the list,

I was just thinking about the QRM problem on the birds..

Using mode U/v (the old mode B) instead of the V/u (mode J) might be a
solution to the QRM problem, but coordination with other birds may be
tricky?

I've read that AO-10 used mode U/v with a 150 KHz passband! I'd imagine that
one FM bird downlink might be able to squeeze in with AO-10 gone...

I would also imagine that the doppler effect would be less noticeable at 2m,
so the bird would be easier for beginners to receive?

73,

Kyle Yoksh
K0KN
Olathe, Kansas