Re: V-U desense filter

Hi Piero,

I am using a Diamond MX-72N duplexer in line with the 70cm side, and
terminating the 2m side into a 50 ohm load.  There is a picture on the back
of the package that shows how to use it in this configuration (though they
have the 2m side on the antenna and the 70cm into the load).

According to the specifications it provides 60db of isolation (rejection in
this case) and has less than .25db of insertion loss.  Seems about right.

The advantage of this is that it is very light weight, a concern since it
is up on the mast.  I have inserted it between the 70cm antenna and the
mast mounted preamp, thus avoiding having to deal with the DC voltage going
to the preamp.

73,

Emily

At 02:27 PM 5/26/2004 +0200, Piero Calvi-Parisetti wrote:
>Hello everybody,
>
>can anybody suggest an effective (and possibly not too complicated) way to
>get rid of the bad desense occurring on my  UHF transverter when I transmit
>on VHF? (It didn't occur on my IC 821 -- I suppose it's because the nsverter
>is is way more sensitive).
>
>Thank you very much and 73 to all.
>
>Piero HB9DSU
>
>*** Music, ham radio and more - http://www.qsl.net/hb9dsu ***