unitrac 2003/Ts2000

Just set up unitrac2003 with a 5400b rotor and TS2000. The rotor works and
tracks well, but i cant get the radio and program to talk to each other (No
doppler tuning). I tried various baud rates in the program and radio,  no
help. Im sure im missing something simple, but cant find it.  I know the
radio serial port is ok because untill today i used it with Prolog and the
freqs transferred back and forth no problem. Anybody have any answers?
Bill