Re: [bod] Re: Fw: Nominations

In a message dated 5/24/2004 4:51:14 PM Eastern Standard Time,
GREGWYCOFF@havilandtelco.com writes:
To be on the BOD's what is the list of  things that one must meet, and what
is expected from a BOD.

On the  travel issue does that come out of ones own pocket or does AMSAT
cover all  travel and room/board for meetings?

a little information on this might  help bring in some new people who would
like to get more involved with AMSAT.  and give others a break.

Hi Greg and all.
The requirement is quite simple, you need to have 5 people propose you for
the Board.
Yes the Fares and lodging for BoD members is met by AMSAT, that is why we
usually meet in person only 2 times a year. Most of the business is carried on
over the internet or by Teleconference.
This year we elect three members of the BoD and next year we elect the  other
4.
73
Robin Haighton VE3FRH
President AMSAT-NA