From: "Freeman P. Pascal IV" <pascal@pascal.org>
To: "amsat-bb" <amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org>
Sent: Monday, May 17, 2004 00:52
Subject: [amsat-bb] Determining horizon profile for QTH

I notice one of the options that Nova gives is the ability to provide a
profile for the horizon surrounding an observer.  This file is a list of
elevations for every 20deg of azimuth.  Since I live in the east
mountains of Albuquerque NM this would be handy.

The only method I can come up with for generating this data is to take a
compass and a protractor up to the roof and survey the horizon.

Does anyone know if any tools online or off the net that can be used to
digitally survey topo data for a lat/long/alt coordinate and generate
this data?

-Freeman, N5FPP