Re: Arabic Music heard via FO-29

  Dear Alain

  Its the transmission from the Chinese made  Long Range Cordless phones
  operating in the Vhf bands, so the VHF uplink the sats like UO-14, FO-29
  etc are pounded with such QRM.
  We had terrible QRM on Sat freqs and also on the entire VHF bands not
  only affecting Hams, but other commercial, Police, Fire, including Air
Band,
  etc,  etc.
  Gulf, South East Asia are flooded with these spurious products and
  causing havoc on the VHF bands.
  We have reported to the concerned authorities but no concrete action
  taken by them. Agroup of us traced the Tel nos and addresses
  Look for our article on the google titled " Invasion of Ham bands " also
featured in the QST mag sometime back
  I read in the later issues and on email that a few LRC users in US,
Australia, Europe have been tracked down and fined heavly. A few weeks ago I
read that a Chinese restuarant in US was caught using such an LRC
  How ever the number of LRC users have now reduced and hope they all go QRT
soon.
  These base units have a 4 watt out and the handset 2 watt, comes with
complete antenna coax cable etc. range is 15-25 kms  these are available for
around $ 50-80 produced in bulk in China ignoring the band plan.
  And users are many ignorant of the emission regulations.

  Thats the reason the VUSAT has a U up and V dwn.
  Scheduled to be launched around Sept 2004

  Best 73
  Pop
  VU2POP