Re: Arabic Music heard via FO-29

Hi Alain,

At 01:39 PM 5/14/2004 +0200, you wrote:
>Who the hell is broadcasting on 145.950 down there?

I think the answer is:  Anyone who want's to.  With the proliferation of
cheap 2M rigs and easily re-programmed Motorola/GE commercial equipment
available on the internet it's becoming a real problem.

We have the same problem with two operations here in the western US from
QRN from unlicensed stations in Mexico (we believe - hard to tell for
sure).  One can be described as a taxi service as we think it's a
dispatcher of some sort.  The other is a definitely a repeater because the
conversation is more personal.  One is on 145.950 and another on 145.850.
Both run extremely high power - we think they are probably running 160W
linear amplifiers or commercial grade repeaters.

73,

Emily

W0EEC - CM87tm
http://www.experthams.net/ao7