Re: SO-50 Status

Hello Rodrigo,

> Anyone can report me what is the status of the SO-50 satellite? I've
> been trying to listen or even operate and no luck till now.
> I used the frequencies from AMSAT's satellite status page and 67Hz TONE
> on uplink.

SO-50 is in good health and it is easy to access the satellite. However,
SO-50 needs to be opened by a controlstation before you can operate the
Sat. There are (I believe) 3 controlstations in UK and 2 in DL. I am one of
these. If the satellite comes from a direction where no controlstation is
it is most probably not switched on.

If you like to become a controlstation you have to apply at Don Woodward
KD4APP, who is SO-50 Control Operator Coordinator. His e-mail is
"dbwoodw at alltel.net".

73,
 Reinhard
 DJ1KM