Re: Echo TNC

Hello Bruce and the Net:

Reportedly the SDR-1000 transceiver (with optional transverters) will be
compatible with ECHO.
SDR-1000 is the software defined radio and with optional DEMI  2M
transverter/PA  and a 436 MHz transverter/PA.
it will be able to downconverter to the 11 KHz  I/Q (dual) channels for
a soundcard/PC processing under windows.

I believe software is planned for:
single voice grade FM channel like AO-27, UO-14
multiple FDM-FM channels simultaneously for voice communications, up and
down
very wide band FM modulation schemes for higher speed packet.

I am not hearing about any other terrestrial station options for the
many ECHO planned capabilities.
Yes, SYMEK has the packet (only) equipment.

I am not sure at this time if the satellite modulation firmware is
finalized or if the terrestrial station software
for the PC is completed.  The SDR-1000 (IF) radio is available now .
Probably on display at Dayton.
DEMI 144.0 = 28.0 MHz low power transverter is also available as a kit.
(150$)

Stan, WA1ECF