Re: LVB tracker for tuning?

>At 10:06 AM 5/10/2004 -0500 Wayne replies:
>
>All current satellite radio models use a serial port for computer
>control.  (Almost) all computers have serial ports.

I would rather characterize the situation by saying that all current
satellite radio models have some kind of vendor specific serialized
interface, but few are standard plug and play RS-232. You almost always
need some form of adapter.

Also, most laptops do not have serial ports (only USB) though there are a
number of good USB to serial port adapters.  If you are homebrewing an
interface you can get a chip similar to
http://www.ftdichip.com/FTModule.htm from several vendors and use a 7417 to
drive the interface.

73,