TS 2000 in Sat mode

Trying to set up TS-2000 in Sat modes. Some problems i cant figyre out.
1 I put SO-50 in sat mem. When i try to put the tone in mem nothing happens.
What am i missing?
2  Trying to set up AO-7 and AO-40 in sat mode using U band uplinks. The
radio will not accept u band freq input on B which is the sat xmit vfo. How
do i go about using ao7 and any sat that has an U band input on this radio
in the sat mode. Do I have to use the split function for these sats?
I would appreciate some input.
Thanks  Bill  KB2RC