AO-7.

AO-7 operators.

I noticed that AO-7's TX oscillator was 10Khz higher than "normal" (while in
mode-B) on orbit 34911 at 16:10 UTC today, Sunday 09.05.04.

There were no other reports on the resource page immediately after the pass
but I know some stations work AO-7 without logging the QSO. I'm wondering if
anyone else noticed this anomoly?.
I checked my equipment and tracking programs carefully but found nothing
amiss.

Four days ago the voltage was so low that even single CW characters were
changing tone between about 700 and 1500 hertz. The day before yesterday the
transponder was reasonably stable again
(Better propagation). I'm fully aware that the satellite needs a good dose
of solar power to remain stable.

Today, according to my reckoning the satellite had been out of eclipse for
several hours.
I've monitored or worked AO-7 everyday for the last 7 months but never seen
this peculiarity before.

Can anyone offer a probable explanation?.

73 John.   <la2qaa@amsat.org>